Careers Education, Information and Guidance
School’s Careers Leaders:
CEIAG makes a valuable contribution in the preparation of students for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life by enabling them to make informed choices for post 16 education and training facilitating a successful transition from mainstream education to further education and employment. At Marshland High School we work hard to provide the opportunity for students to speak to a careers advisor for up to date advice, provide opportunities to hear from Post-16, further education providers and other training providers to ensure they make the right choice for them. Post-16 providers wishing to access our students should see appendix 4 in the Careers Policy.
Our aim as a school is to provide an inclusive, effective and stable careers strategy that raises our students’ aspirations throughout the entirety of their school career.
To view our Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance Policy click here.
Marshland High School wants you to have a successful future! In order to achieve this you will take part in the activity below during your time with us:
Explore different roles and the job market
This section is aimed at helping parents and carers source information to support young people in their future decisions. Below you will find three helpful sections; information about education options, types of jobs and local opportunities.
There are a variety of educational routes available to students when they leave school. Click each button below to find out more:
SEND Support and Providers
Type of Jobs
Student who have a vision of where they want to be in the future may find it easier to plan their next steps more easily. To help students and parents get an idea of what type of jobs there are out there we suggest looking at these websites:
With development in technology there are now numerous jobs that did not exist 10 years ago. It is important to keep up to date with what is happening locally, nationally and internationally.
Marshland High School work with a number of businesses who support our careers programme. If you or your business would like to support activities in the future please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Businesses – We need your expertise!
At Marshland High School we are busy growing your employees of the future. We need your help to raise their career aspirations, develop their employability skills and learn more about the exciting industries in Norfolk and Cambridgeshire.
Subheading: Inspiring Young Minds
Being part of a business support network will provide you moments of great satisfaction but strieving to make a difference can also be an exciting challenge! Having employers like you helping to inspire young minds and transform attitudes through a range of activities and opportunities is the foundation of an excellent careers programme.
Ways to support
- Be part of mock interview days
- Give an inspiring talk about your industry or job role
- Run hands on workshops with activities related to your area of expertise
- Help champion specific issues and challenge barriers in the workplace around gender stereotyping, disability etc
- Help bring a subject lesson to life by linking it to your industry
- Offer a work experience placement for students at your business premises
What you can expect
By getting involved you will not only be supporting the future workforce development and helping broaden the minds of the young people but you will also be developing new skills for your staff, forging community links and building a positive profile for your company.
We will support you throughout your visit to us to ensure we maximise the use of your valuable time. Our Careers Leader is Mrs Whitehouse (email@example.com) and they will:
- Be your main point of contact for all enquires
- Organise pre-meets/ discussions/ information for activities you sign up to
- Provide you details of the local arrangement including parking, facilities and our safeguarding policy.
- Conduct a short evaluation with you to ensure we are getting things right.
- With your permission add you to our network and keep you up to date with future activities.
Marshland High School is committed to providing high quality Careers, Education, Information, Advice and Guidance to help inspire students and to enable them to make rational informed career decisions. Marshland High School aims to meet all eight Benchmarks identified by the Gatsby Foundation.
Careers should be viewed as not just the responsibility of the Careers Leader’s and a small number of staff but the responsibility of all staff in the school.
At Marshland High School we would like all subject areas to:
- to invite alumni and other external speakers to come into school (Virtually or by video where an actual visit is not feasible)
- where appropriate to organise external visits by students to local businesses and organisations
- record careers learning opportunities in schemes of learning
- take part in activities linked to careers week
- explore the possibility of developing real projects/ challenge for students with a local business or organisation e.g. a local company setting an IT students the task of designing/ updating their website
- consider the needs and interests of all students that information challenges stereotyping including gender and disability
Students, parents and teachers can also access careers information using unifrog:
Next review of published information – August 2022