The school has a policy which states that all pupils must wear uniform. This reduces fashion rivalry, helps create a positive self-image and a sense of belonging.
- Plain white shirt, either short or long sleeved, fitted or non-fitted, with a stiff collar suitable for wearing with a tie.
- School tie, with the house coloured stripe and Heron logo.
- Plain, straight-legged, black trousers not fashion trousers, or black skirt of a reasonable length around the knee, not denim or cord.
- Belts must be plain black.
- Plain black v-necked jumper or sleeveless pullover with Heron and Marshland High School in House colours.
- Plain black shoes, not trainers, plimsolls, canvas shoes or boots.
- A watch with your name on.
- A coat that can be worn over the school jumper. Any piece of clothing with a hood that is made of sweatshirt material is not permitted in school.
- White short sleeved polo shirt
- Navy blue or black shorts
- Navy Blue or Black long sports/football socks
- Short white socks
- Training shoes for indoor use, not Astroturf trainers as they damage the floor
- Training shoes suitable for outdoor use
- Football boots or similar for outdoor wear
- Swimwear and towel
- Navy blue or black sports jumper or tracksuit top
- Navy blue or black tracksuit bottoms
- The school provides all other equipment, e.g. hockey sticks etc.
- Jewellery should not be worn, other than a watch, small signet ring and one pair of studs in separate ears only.
- Nose studs or rings, eye / tongue piercing etc are not permitted under any circumstances. (Please also see PE Uniform Expectations)
- Excessive make-up and nail varnish may not be worn. Fake nails are also not acceptable.
- No pupils should be bringing valuable personal items to school such as expensive jewellery or tablet computers. If personal items are damaged the school cannot be held responsible.
- All pupils' hair should remain a natural colour and the style of the hair should not make the pupil stand out. Extreme styles such as Mohicans/Skinheads/Mowhawks are not permitted. Any cuts less than “Number 1” are also not suitable. If in doubt or a particular style is needed for medical or cultural reasons then please discuss this with the Head of School.
- The Headteacher will ultimately make the judgement call as to whether a particular hairstyle is appropriate for school.
- Drinking water may be carried by students during the day and may be consumed during lessons, at the teacher's discretion.
- Water should be carried in clear, plastic bottles.
- Fizzy drinks are not permitted on site.
- If students bring a mobile phone in to school it will need to be turned off and out of sight during the school day. Mobile phones can be confiscated and returned at the end of the day.
- Cigarette lighters, cigarettes, matches or aerosols may not be carried by students at any time.
- Students’ should refrain from getting fresh piercings until the start of the six weeks holidays.
- All piercing including fresh ones will have to be removed for PE lessons.
- If students insist on getting fresh piercings, then they must practice taking them in and out, so when it comes to PE there is no issue.
- Students must remove all personal effects (including piercings) for every practical PE lesson for health and safety reasons.
- Placing tape over earrings is not appropriate as this would not stop the stud penetrating the bone (fractured skull) behind the ear should an unintentional blow be received.
- Indemnities from parents are not lawful and cannot be adhered to.
- Students who will not remove items will be isolated.
School uniform is no longer sold at the school shop, it is sold by Price and Buckland directly. To place an order for school uniform please click their link opposite and click 'Register now'. Once registered you can login and place an order.