Although parts of the school date back to 1926, the school has grown since then with new blocks added as the school has expanded. The most recent addition, which was opened in September 2020, includes two new classrooms, toilets and offices added to the Humanities block.
Other facilities include:
- Seven Modern Science Laboratories
- Two fully equipped Sports Halls
- Extensive IT facilities including a Media Suite, Business Studies Suite, two Computing Suites, Technology IT suite and computers in Music
- A Drama studio with sound and lights
- Fully equipped music classroom with practice rooms
- Interactive whiteboards or screens in all classrooms
- Scanners/printers available throughout the school for pupil use
- Secure cycle sheds, located in a central area of the school
- A school shop selling equipment for lessons, all at cost price
- The site is particularly well adapted for students with mobility problems, including those in wheelchairs.
- Ordinarily there are IT facilities in the library, science and humanities but these are not in use due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Lockers are usually available but due to COVID-19 are not available at the current time
- The library is currently closed due to COVID-19 but usually available to students at all school times including after school homework club on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday